| Conferences---Forthcoming Conferences
17th International Oral History Association Conference
Buenos Aires 2012
Title: The Challenges of Oral History in the 21st Century: Diversity, Inequality and Identity Construction.
4-7 September 2012
- Heritage, museums and Oral History.
- Archives and places of memory
- Archiving Memory. Methodologies - Interviewing and the material preservation of memory
- Places of Memory: management of the buy acrobat past from the present or the battles for memory.
- Oral History and audiovisual images
- Words and images in the construction of memory: Photographies, audiovisual resources and screenplay
- Soundscapes, Recreating the Sounds of the Past.
- Theory, method and the teaching and learning of Oral History.
- Legal and Ethical Dimensions of the Practice of Oral History.
- Teaching and learning Oral History
- Health Oral History.
- Health Management, Disabilities and Geriatrics.
- Gender, memory and politics
- Permanent Scars of Violence in Memory: Gender Violence, Femicide, and the Reconstruction of the Memories of Victims of Violence.
- Body Politics: The Construction of Gender Identities, and Sexual Identities.
- Queer Theory and Transgender Studies.
- Memories, politics and militancies
- NGOs Political Groups, Political Agency and Individuals. The construction of the Feminist Movement
- Memory, Oral History and dictatorships
- Research on Living Under Dictatorship/Totalitarianism
- Oral History and the world of work
- Individual and Collective Perceptions of the World of Work: Unions, Factory, and Gender Control in the Workplace.
- Territorial social organizations and workers’ self-management
- Oral History and Economy
- Businessmen, businesswomen, companies and Oral History
- Individual and collective perception of the economics process: companies, businessmen and economic policies.
- Memories of the “Other economies”
- Co-operative movement, social, solidary and participative economy, self management. Recuperated enterprises by his workers.
- The Wounds of Economic Crisis in Memory:
- Memory, Welfare, and Economic Crisis.
- Ecology and Environment:
- Natural Heritage and the Social Effects of Major Natural Disasters.
- Memory and trauma
- Human rights violation. Citizenship and the Re-Signifying the National Space: National Identities, and the Fight for Citizenship Rights finasteride from india.
- Memories of survivors of war, terrorist attacks and genocides.
- Art, culture, memory and Oral History
- The Pleasures of Memory: Artistic Expression and the Representation of Memory.
- Working class culture, art and politics
- Migration, Exhile, Disaporas, and Borderlands.
Natives people, memory, politics and Oral History
- Internal migrations, migrations from neighbouring countries, diasporas and exile
Memory, Oral History and community
- Culture, traditions and identities. Stories of resistance: colonialism, racism and exploitation. Current fights: territory, autonomy, education.
- Teaching and learning narratives, educative experiences, school life. Family and intergenerational exchange.
- Maternity, Paternity and the Transmission of the Cultural Heritage.
- Shared Beliefs, Religious Traditions, and the Oral Transmission.
- Non-hegemonic cultures and Oral History
- Tradition and Memory: Communities, Histories, Heritage and Traditions.
Conference Inaugural Event:
4 September 2012
4-7 September 2012
Application Deadline: 15 October 2011
Confirmation Deadline: 15 November 2011
Deadline for Submission of Presentation Paper:
30 March 2012
Buenos Aires Committee IOHA 2012
Joana María Pedro
Juan José Gutiérrez
Local Committee 2012
María Inés Rodríguez Aguilar